Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blogs

Well to begin with I am still getting use to working a blog. I see it kind of as another Myspace or Facebook but used for more education purposes then how facebook and myspace is used. I think it's a useful way to get in touch with students and teachers in case the student wasn't able to make it to class or, a way for the student to check up on what he or she might of missed in class. It could help a student get a hold of the teacher  in case there was a question about the assignment or if not the teacher a fellow classmate.. "Blogs can provide the means to connect and communicate with others sharing the same interests" If a student is interested in a subject they could get on blog and find others that are interested in that same subject.  I think blog is great use in the classroom it's an "instructional tool" that benefits both the students and the teachers. Its a great way for teachers to post up the assignments, and keep in touch with students that didn't make it class. While also its a good way for students who are usually shy inside the classroom, to be able to communicate with the rest of the class without being shy about it. It a great way to post up videos and music clips, and also it would allow classmates to help out one other, share information, respond, and discuss about what was done in class.  

Blog would most defiantly be a big help in my curriculum I could post up assignments and give my students work that would have to apply some of the concepts that they learned in class in order to do the assignment. This would help them communicate more for when I gave them group assignments, and they could post out ideas about what they think would be good way to start off a group project when assigned that. I would defiantly take advantage of the (KidLink, the International Education and Resource Network, (iEARN)).This program would help me out a lot especially in my Spanish class I could use the program to get my students to interact with kids for Spanish speaking countries this way they could practice there Spanish, meet new friends, and learn about different cultures and traditions

Jonasse D., Howland J., Marra R. M., & Crismond D. (2008). Meaningful Learning with Technology. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson Prentice Hall.


3 comments:

  1. I do agree with you about helping kids keep up with class even when they aren't at school. I also think it would encourage more children, especially older ones, not to come to school because they can get their assignments and still turn them in on time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas. I love what you said about using a blog in Spanish. Boy could I use that now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree that having access to assignments and other students outside of the classroom is beneficial.

    Randi- I never thought about kids not coming to school if they could still turn everything in. If that's the case all grade levels may become a phoenix lol.

    ReplyDelete